what values do we get for each of the following
Can you tell any difference amongst the 3 groups of numbers?
Each of them has as "special name". What is it?
Hint: You may refer to your textbook (p45 & p46) or see Hint 1; Hint 2
About the calculators:
- We learnt that different brands/models of calculators adopt slightly different algorithms when displaying the final answers (for those with decimals, in particular).
- Method 1: By rounding off the numbers
- Method 2: By truncation (without taking into consideration the next digit that would not be displayed)
- All numbers can be expressed as fractions, hence they are all rational numbers
- Amongst the rational numbers, there are 3 types: Terminating decimals; Repeating (Recurring) decimals; Non-terminating and non-repeating decimals
- There are numbers like π that cannot be expressed as a fraction. These are known as irrational numbers